The LinkFusion Indoor Unit (IDU) is an integrated unit containing amongst others a switch, 8 Ethernet modems, a multiplexer and powers the ultra wideband LinkFusion transceivers in the Outdoor Unit (ODU).
The LinkFusion 1 Gigabit IDU is a single sector, 1U, rack mountable indoor unit for the transmission hub split mount configuration. It features:
- DC Redundant Power
- Carrier Ethernet Switch (MEF 9 Certification in H2 2013)
- 4 x SFP (Electrical or Optical)
- 8 x 40 MHz TDD modems (with LAG support)
- Modems with separate Tx/Rx ports for maximum isolation
- Stackable and Interconnecting IDU configuration
It is connected to the Transmission Hub ODU via a Tx/Rx dual cable feed.